Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lowell Canyon - View From the Water


Click image to enlarge


12"x 18" Oil on board, $425.00.    I'm on a trip right now visiting my Mom and sister in Santa Fe, New Mexico so I missed posting at the end of last week.         

Saturday I spent the morning going through wonderful galleries on Canyon Road looking at fantastic paintings.   I loved it so much.    Today's painting also has the word "canyon" in it by coincidence.  This is a painting I did in the spring of last year and it is of Lowell Canyon which is the canyon in my home town of Seward.   I often go hiking myself up this canyon because I can leave from my house and walk there and hike as far as time allows.   Campers park along the water front all summer long. 

Below is a photo I took today while on a hike with my sister in the hills above Santa Fe.  Fresh snow fell this morning and then the clouds began to part and by late afternoon it was clear with a orange sunset at night fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment