Monday, February 10, 2014

A Rose For You


6" x 8" Oil on canvas panel.  Available here.


I have enjoyed painting these roses though their soft petals and subtle color changes are not easy to paint.   Unfortunately the photo on this one is not too good.  Looks like I have reflecting light on it but it is too late now for me to take more photos and post.   In Portland, Oregon there is a wonderful public rose garden that I have visited a few times.  The rose garden is very large and has rows and rows of every kind of rose.  There are all sizes and colors and you can walk along and smell them and view the delicate beauty of each variety.   Here in Alaska we grow Sitka Roses.  I should remember to paint them this summer when they are in bloom.  I have two different verities in my yard.     

No comments:

Post a Comment