Saturday, December 13, 2014

Salty Man of the Sea!


9" x 12"  Oil on panel.  

This was painted about two weeks ago of my husband!  I didn't really name it "Salty Man of the Sea" but it does seem fitting.  He is a boat captain and he does look a little salty in this painting!  He kindly sat for me in our home for about 2.5 or 3 hours (20 minutes with short breaks)  so I could paint him.  I'm pretty happy with it though the bright spot light was in his eyes a little too much and I did not realize he was squinting! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is wonderful! He's a handsome guy and the strong modeling with his white hair gives it real drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, this is the first portrait I did after coming back from the workshop I took. I was in Max Ginsberg's portrait class. I feel I really learned a lot. I took a class last year form Romel de la Torre and that gave me a different portrait perspective. So having two has really helped me to figure out this challenging subject matter!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant portrait Susan. As Mary said, he is handsome. Love his White Beard. I would love to have one but my wife would kill me. All the best Susan.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vic, Oh that's funny. I won't let my husband shave his off! Thank you for your comments!

      Delete