Thursday, January 29, 2015

Portrait in Oil - Katy




11" x 14" Oil on canvas.  Purchase info here.

This painting was a true challenge for me!  It began with a 3 hour sitting but I struggled with it at the time.  I worked on it quite a bit after Katy left my studio.  Capturing the right skin tone was a big part of the difficulty.  But I finally got it to where I was quite happy with it.  Katy is a talented cello player.  She is a member of a local band called Blackwater Railroad Co. that is very popular here.  If you would like to see a music video they made please follow this link.  We enjoy their music very much!

Ok, that is the end of the portraits I have to share.  Next blog will be my annual roses/flowers for Valentine's Day!  Once again I will be giving away a painting!  I will provide more details for the drawing in my next blog post.






1 comment: